About the Jaques-Dalcroze Society of Japan
The Jaques-Dalcroze Society of Japan is the only authorized branch of the Fédération Internationale des Enseignants de Rythmique (FIER) in Japan. It invites participation of those who are interested in the form of eurhythmics developed by Émile Jaques-Dalcroze, and who wish to study and practice eurhythmics from a global perspective andpromote and develop eurhythmics.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, F.I.E.R. was reorganized in 1975 from its predecessor Union Internationale des Professeurs Dalcroze (U.I.P.D.). Members of the Jaques-Dalcroze Society of Japan also belong to F.I.E.R. as its members.
- To provide a forum for information exchange among members and promote activities carried out by members
- To promote and further develop eurhythmics based on Jaques-Dalcroze’s philosophy.
- To promote exchange with Jaques-Dalcroze-related institutions and organizations across the world
The Jaques-Dalcroze Society of Japan was established in January 1, 1999 by forty founding members and was authorized as the Japanese branch and became a member organization of FIER at the General Assembly of FIERduring the 32nd Eurhythmics International Conference held in Geneva on July 27 in the same year.
- To collect information on eurhythmics research/practice activities carried out within Japan and abroad as well as to collect and provide information on eurhythmics workshops, etc. held around the world.
- To issue newsletters (including translation of FIER’s publication, Le Rythme)
- To hold the Jaques-Dalcroze Society of Japan Forum, workshops and seminars including international exchange
- To distribute Le Rythme on behalf of FIER
- To collect publications related to Jaques-Dalcroze published in Japan and abroad
- To operate the Dalcroze international licensing system in Japan by negotiating, liaising and coordinating with FIERheadquarters, its branches in other countries, and related parties
|Name||Jaques-Dalcroze Society of Japan|
|Established||January 1, 1999|
|Location||Jaques-Dalcroze Society of Japan Secretariat,
Shinbashi Island Building 3F, 6-7-9 Shinbashi, Minato-Ku, Tokyo
|E-mail address||(Secretariat) firstname.lastname@example.org
(Licensing Committee) email@example.com
|Membership||775 (as of March 1, 2019)|